Please contact me directly to discuss how I can bring books and writing alive to your students!
My visits are interactive, informative and rewarding for students and teachers. I'm available for talks and workshops and would love to discuss with you how my visit can be personalized to meet your unique needs. My visit:
- Includes lots of questions to the kids – they already know more than they think about writing!
- Is interactive and fun with the use of visual aides (my 70+ rejection letters are always a big hit!) and bookmarks for correct answers
- Gets children thinking about ideas for stories of their own, with 'stuff' from their very own lives
- Reinforces what classroom teachers have been telling them – yes, you do have to edit and edit and edit some more!
- Always ends with a draw for one of my books
- Will inspire your students to want to write their own stories and read more books.
For information on how to obtain funding, or for more detailed information on the benefits of having an author visit your school or library, please visit Children's Writers and Illustrators of BC.
What people have to say about my visits:
“…(Your visit) was very inspirational for all our aspiring writers! Thank you again.” – Ieke Giese, Queen Mary Elementary, North Vancouver, BC
“…The children thoroughly enjoyed your presentation. The little prizes for question-answer and your draw at the end added an extra element
of excitement. Thanks again for visiting with us.”
– Kitty Prophet, Strawberry Hill Public Library, Surrey, BC
“…What a pleasure to see you fire up the enthusiasm of the two classes. Your books went out after the presentation and we look forward to new titles!” – Lynne Close, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, BC
"Students loved learning about what it was like to be an author! They were interested in the various writing techniques and strategies [Sandra] demonstrated and worked to incorporate them in their writing... I enjoy having her as a regular guest author in my Writing classes!" – Nancy Greenall - teacher, Mundy Road Elementary School, Coquitlam, BC