The truth about
(Miraculous & Non-Miraculous)
If we step back and look
at history, the present day, and the whole New Testament, it's
not hard at all for us to see the TRUTH concerning
But first off, by simply looking at these two scriptures, we can easily answer two questions which stem from a very prominent False Doctrine in today's religious world ;
The questions being -
Is it necessary to possess a Miraculous Gift such as "Speaking in tongues" in order to be saved ? or
Is possessing Miraculous Gifts necessary to prove that God's Holy Spirit is dwelling in you ?
When Simon saw that the Spirit (Miraculous Gifts) was given at the laying on of
- the Apostles' hands -
he offered them money.
Are all apostles ? Are all prophets ? Are all teachers ? Do all work miracles ? Do all have gifts of healing ? Do all speak in tongues ? Do all interpret ?
And of course the obvious answers are NO.
So first off, there are TWO different types of Spiritual Gifts;
1. MIRACULOUS gifts, and
2. NON - MIRACULOUS gifts,
1. MIRACULOUS Spiritual Gifts (1Corinthians 12:4)
The Miraculous Spiritual Gifts are clearly pointed out in the Bible ;
1. Unlearned Wisdom.
2. Unlearned Knowledge.
3. Faith obtained apart from hearing the Word of God.
4. Ability to perform instant Healings.
5. Miraculous Powers. (Drinking poison, Being bitten by poisonous snake, etc.)
6. Prophesying without the utilization of the written Word of God.
7. Distinguishing between Spirits.
8. Speaking languages without having learned them.
9. Interpreting languages without having learned them.
How the MIRACULOUS Spiritual Gifts were obtained;
1. The Apostles obtained them by being BAPTIZED by the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:4
2. Others then obtained them by the laying on of the Apostles hands - Acts 8:18
Notice that Philip could perform miracles because the Apostles had laid their hands on him (Acts 6:5) BUT he could NOT pass the ability on to others. Simon the sorcerer sees Philip do miracles, BUT does not ask Philip for the ability to pass them on, but rather goes to the Apostles to ask for the ability (Acts 8:19)
Also notice that in Acts 2:1, very important, God's WORD refers to the Twelve Apostles in the previous sentence, NOT to the 120 believers that had been listening to Peter days before. Only the Twelve Apostles received Miraculous Gifts from the Baptism of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2:4
*** IMPORTANT ***
In the First Century, the Miraculous Spiritual Gifts were ONLY passed on by the Apostles, therefore these gifts would undoubtingly cease after the last of the Apostles died, as Paul explains in 1Corinthians 13:8
That's why Paul says that when the 'Perfect' comes, (and this word PERFECT, surely means the canonized Bible which appeared around 300 A.D. for it cannot mean 'Jesus' because this word 'Perfect' is neutral in Gender, and Jesus is always referred to by use of the Masculine Gender) When the Perfect WORD of God is canonized, people will be able to see clearly, the revelation of God's plan, as opposed to at that time how they could only see a poor reflection of the complete WORD and plan of God.
The PURPOSE of the Miraculous Gifts, is plainly given in the Bible ;
1. To assist non-believers to believe - John 10:38, John 14:11
2. To confirm the Word of God before it was canonized - Mark 16:20, Hebrews 2:3
3. To edify and build up the INFANT (First Century) church - 1Corinthians 12:7, 14:12, 14:26
2. NON-MIRACULOUS Spiritual Gifts (Romans 12:6)
The Non-Miraculous Spiritual Gifts are also clearly pointed out in the Bible ;
1. Prophesying = simply meaning to speak forth the WORD of God in proportion to ones faith, (Faith comes from hearing the Word of God, Romans 10:17)
5. Contributing to the needs of others
7. Showing mercy
How NON-MIRACULOUS Spiritual Gifts are obtained ;
According to Romans 12:6 Christians receive different Non-Miraculous Spiritual Gifts according to the Grace that has been given to them by God.
The PURPOSE of the Non - Miraculous Gifts, is plainly given in the Bible ;
1. To benefit all whom God has created.
Please be sure to understand, that the above TRUTH does NOT imply that God does not do Miracles of Healing, or any Miracles for that matter - in this or any age. The whole underlying theme of God's Word, is that He is the God of the IMPOSSIBLE !!
God can, and does, choose to do Miracles wherever and whenever He wants.
However, God has simply informed us
that His choice to give MEN, the power to do immediate - complete
- irrefutable - instant MIRACLES through Jesus,
at their own discretion
was for the first century ONLY.
TABLE of CONTENTS
1. CONTACT US
2. The CHURCH that JESUS CAME to BUILD
3. sATAN's BIGGEST SCHEME
4. (ROMANS 10:9) (The THIEF) (DEATHBED Salvation)
5. The TRUTH about - SAVED by GRACE through FAITH
6. THE ONE BAPTISM
7. PLAN of SALVATION
8. THE ONLY PROOF that GOD EXISTS
9. STRANGE HUMAN LOGIC
10. TOPICS of COMMON ERROR
11. ANSWERS to BIG QUESTIONS
12. WHAT ? YOU DON'T LIKE THIS WEBSITE ?
13. MILLIONAIRES be SURE to CLICK on THIS
14. CLICK and SHARE this GOOD NEWS TODAY
15. The HISTORY of DENOMINATIONS and their FOUNDERS
16. The TRUTH about SPIRITUAL GIFTS
17. RESPONSE to a PREACHER of FALSE 'baptist' DOCTRINE
18. DOCTRINES of GOD's CHURCH
19. COOL STUFF to COPY and SHARE
www. findthetruth .com