Responses to 2 opener
- 2 promises a king or an ace and is Game forcing.
- 2 denies a king or an ace but does not deny points.
- 2 shows at least a 5 card suit with 2 of the top 3
- 2NT shows at least a 5 card suit with 2 of the top 3
- 3/3 shows 2 of the top 3 but these should tend to be 6 card suits
Openers responses to 2
- Bid of a suit shows unbalanced hand
- 2NT shows 22-24 HCP ,
- 3NT shows 25-27,
- 4NT shows 28-30 HCP
If responder`s first bid was 2 the only bid he can pass is 2NT. Some play that responder can show a real bust over any suit bid by opener by making the cheapest 3 level bid. Interference If your partner opens 2 and your RHO bids then a pass by you promises a king or an ace and a double denies a king or ace. If your RHO doubles then a redouble by you denies a king or ace and a pass shows a king or an ace.