IDAK: Instant Destroyer and Killer
If RHO opens or responds to an artificial club opening,
1) A suit (or NT) bid shows the suit above it. One-suiters bid as high as is safe. Two-suiters are shown by transfering to one and bidding the other.
2) 1 shows a 4333 hand (any four carder) or any number of spades.
Responder bids his best suit at the highest safest/most practical level. With the spade hand, overcaller rescues...
3) A jump in spades shows both minors. A NT advance asks for the better minor.
4) Double shows any three suited hand. If advancer has
- a) a one-suited hand, advancer bids the suit below the real suit at any level. With support, overcaller bids the suit else overcaller passes. For example 1 x - 1 (spades)
- b) a preemptive hand with both majors, advancer bids 2NT
- c) a preemptive hand and both minors, advance 3NT or higher NT
- d) 9+ points and two suits, advancer bids 1NT and the suits are bid up the line
[** HWE note: I'm not sure if the info on (4a) is wrong or not. My other set of notes say that advancer bids TWO suits below their own.]