- 1 -3 shows 6-9 HCP and FOUR card trump support We use 3 as the 6-9 HCP raise to enable opener to make a game try by bidding 3. This asks responder to bid game if his hand rates as close to 9 HCP. A new suit by responder is a cue-bid maximum.
- 1 -3 shows 10-12 HCP and FOUR trump support
- 1 -3 and 1 - 2 are unspecified splinters
- 1 -3 shows 0- 5 HCP and FOUR trump support
- 1 - 4 shows 16 HCP or better with FOUR or FIVE trump
- 1 - 4 shows 6-9 HCP with 5 trump
- 1 -4 shows what ?
- 1/1-2NT is Jacoby showing 13 to 15 HCP and 4 trump and no singleton or void. How does one show a limit raise with three trump? First bid another suit or 1NT forcing then jump to 3 or 3.
Example: W: 1 E: 1 W: 2 E: 3
We play Bergen over 1st or 2nd seat openings, and use 2 Way Reverse Drury over 3rd & 4th seat openers , but the Bergen 3 bid can still be used by a passed hand to show 4 trump and 6-9 HCP. Bergen is ON with any interference if it is still a jump