Info for Artists
This will be the 5th year for Art on the Farm and we are hoping to build on
its success again this year with more artists and more people buying art. An
estimated 500-600 people stopped by last year throughout the day.
Please join us for a day in beautiful Columbia Valley on a quaint hobby farm. Artists will be featured in stands throughout the apple orchard and hazelnut grove on Barking Dog Farm.
All artists’ work will be juried by event organizers (websites and/or pictures will do).
$40 - Registration fees cover advertising, promotional costs and having adequate insurance for the day.
What to Expect
We’ve noticed that the audience that attends art on the farm are primarily local residents. Items that have sold well over the past few years are smaller items between $20-$40 and up to $100. Art demonstrations are popular as are simple art activities for visitors to try (charge $5-$10).
Things to Note
- Please be at the farm at 8:30 to set up
- Allow up to 2 hours travel if coming from Vancouver
- Camping is available on site
Artists are asked to be self sufficient, including:
- A table and display items to sell wares
- A chair
- Food and drink for the day (although there will be a concession)
- All artists are responsible for their own money transactions (decide if you will accept cheques). We do not have visa or debit capabilities but are exploring options (the nearest ATM is 15 km away in Cultus Lake Village).
- It hopefully will be sunny and warm August day so bring a hat with sun screen and maybe some form of shelter for yourself and customers.
- We cannot have any dogs at the event due to the proximity to food and people's comfort levels with dogs.
If you are intrested in promoting the event please post the 2009 Art on the Farm poster.